SEND A MESSAGE
A Medical Scribe Specialist is essentially a real-time personal assistant to the physician, performing documentation in the Electronic Health Record system, gathering information for the patient’s visit, and partnering with the physician to deliver the pinnacle of efficient patient care and electronic payment processing.
Many physicians report that working with medical scribes—who assist with administrative tasks during patient visits, such as by entering information into EHRs—enables them to spend more of their time caring for more patients.
Little research exists, however, on whether employing scribes leads to a large enough boost to physician productivity to save hospitals money on the whole, or how the presence of scribes affects patient safety.
To help close the research gap, Katherine Walker, director of emergency medicine research for Cabrini Hospital, and her colleagues randomly assigned medical scribes to 88 doctors in five EDs in Australia between November 2016 and January 2018. The study was the first multicenter, randomized study to evaluate scribes’ impact on physician productivity or patient safety incidents.
Researchers collected data from 589 shifts with scribes and 3,296 shifts without scribes. The researchers also tracked self-reported patient safety incidents associated with scribed shifts.
The study found that medical scribes increased physicians’ productivity throughout most of the ED sites. Across all shifts, the presence of scribes increased the number of patients seen per doctor per hour by almost 16%. The biggest increase in productivity was seen in primary consultations, during which scribes increased the number of patients seen by more than 25%.
ELEMENTS OF MEDICAL SCRIBING COURSE
Medical Scribing is an organised and well-esteemed fragment of the US Healthcare system. Scribers are the personal assistant who helps the physician to deliver high-quality healthcare session. To make the medical scribing some elements are needed, which explained below-
- GOOGLE GLASS – Physician wears a special glass, called Google Glass, which record the audio and video of the Doctor-Patient interaction. Physician wears the Google glass throughout the day. The medical Scribe, from the distant place, get all the information from the doctor-patient live interaction.
- REAL-TIME – The Doctor & patient interaction can be viewed by the medical scribe at the time of their consulting. So, the scribe can easily prepare and send the report at the end of the session. The Medical Scribe will be the partner of the physician/doctor for the whole day.
- EHR – After the interaction, the doctor & scribe unite to form a document called EHR, otherwise Electronic Health Record about the patient. EHR is nothing but a complete database of the patient so far. It includes the general information, laboratory test results, treatment history, details about drugs and even more.
Medical Scribe training comprises
- Typing practice
- English Grammar & English Language
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Human Body,
- Medical terminology. .
- Pharmacology (drug names along with doses and dosages)
- Medical Coding
- Medical conversation practice
- Comprehension of American Accent coupled with good typing, listening, analytical and reasoning skills,
Software Navigation Skill.
Career in Medical Scribing
The average salary of a medical scribe ranges from USD 30,000 to USD 40,000 per year
COURSE DURATION: 6 Months (24 Weeks)
After 4 months of class room training, you will successfully complete the first level certification by Transorze Solutions. After the first level, 2 months On-Job training as the second level certification at various MNC’s, Bangalore. You will get upto Rs. 15000/-as salary and after the completion of 2-month training will be getting up to 38,000/-.
ELIGIBILITY: Plus 2
Why Transorze for Medical scribing
- Pioneers in Medical Scribing Training in India.
- Transorze boasts of state-of-the-art infrastructure and a well equipped laboratory which gives its students additional edge over others
- Expert Trainers holding rich academic and corporate experience
- Complete trainer support through Mail, Chat, Video & Telephonic Call.
- Unique Course structure
- Unique Classroom & Online Training.
- Audio-visual training material
- Personality development sessions
- Special classes on Communicative English.
- On-Job-Training facility
- 100% placement Guarantee